Thursday, November 6, 2008

Way to go Hoosiers!

Of all the election results, the one that really warmed my heart was Indiana voting for Obama.

I went to college in Indiana, and I really fell in love with the city of Indianapolis. Indiana is one of my favorite states. The only complaint I would have is that so much of Indiana is very rural and hick-ish. To see Indiana vote for a Democratic candidate really is amazing to me.

Having Indiana vote for Obama fills in a gap in a wave of "blue" that has been marching south and has now finally reached the original dividing line between North and South during the Civil War. Some small part of this cultural divide between Red states and Blue states is a leftover cultural divide between the North and the South from the Civil War and up through the Civil Rights movement. Instead of Blue vs. Grey, we now have Blue vs. Red.

Go Blue!!!!!

No comments: